Friday, May 4, 2012

In Your Kitchen!




Buckwheat Pecan Banana Bread


Happy Friday Dolls!

This is the Friday Fab Find! I know all these pictures look like the same loaf, but trust me, the test kitchen has been fired up in search of the keeper! They all have been good, but I think I will stop while I'm ahead. This is a great addition to the fuel you need and satisy that sweet tooth.

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a loaf pan with non stick. You will need a large and small bowl

1 1/2 C      Oats
1 1/2 C      Buckwheat pancake mix  ( I used Arrowhead Mills )
3/4    C      Pecan meal
1/4    C      Apple sauce
1/4    C      Honey
1/4    C      Almond milk
1       T      Cinnamon
1       T      Vanilla
1 lg            Egg
3 lg            Bananas
1       t        Baking soda
1/2    t        Baking powder
pinch         Salt
1 C            Chopped pecans
2 scoops    Vanilla protein powder ( I used Greenwise Whey - 16 grams per scoop )

Dry ingredients in the large bowl, mix well then add the bananas in the center and mash with a fork. Wet  in the small, mix well, add to dry. Stir in pecans last. Bake 35 - 40 minutes. YUM!!! xoxo 




No comments:

Post a Comment