Thursday, February 2, 2012

In your Kitchen!

I love to cook.... and my family loves to eat. I'm always trying new ways to make things that can be good for you and satisfy that treat fix. Sometimes it works, other times... not so much. The Banana loaf took a lot of tries but I get the thumbs up on taste and texture from my harshest critics.

Dolls have to eat too. So try this yummy Banana/Oat loaf thats full of good for you fuel!

Pre heat oven 350 & Spray a loaf pan with No Stick:

1    C WW flour ( I like King Authur Unbleached Organic)
1    C Oats ( they can't be quick cooking)
1/4 C All Purpose flour ( again King Authur)
1/4 C cooked quinoa
1/2 t baking powder
1    t baking soda
1/4 C Natural No sugar added apple sauce
1/4 C Honey
1/4 Milk ( I use Skim Organic Valley)
1    egg ( beaten)
4   Ripe bananas
1   C Nuts/chopped ( I use pecans) It's a Southern thing!
1/4 t salt
1   T cinnamon
1   T vanilla
2    Scoops protein powder ( Use Chocolate 100% Whey)

Sift dry ingredients together. Add oats and quinoa. Mash bananas and make a well in the middle of the bowl. In a separate bowl mix remaining ingredients together and add to dry. Stir til combined.  Transfer to loaf pan and bake @350 for 50 minutes. Baking time can very - this is very dense so test by sticking a tooth pick in the middle and if it comes out clean its done.

xoxo M




1 comment:

  1. YUM. this is such a cool blog! cool girl doing cool things still, i see....! miss you ~meredith, brunette barbie

    ReplyDelete